Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies…. So good, you WILL eat more than one.
Hint: Your friends will like you even more if you share.
• 1 cup (2 sticks) sweet cream butter
• 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 3/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
• 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
• 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy.
Add eggs and beat until incorporated, scraping the bowl as necessary.
Add the salt, baking soda and vanilla and mix at medium speed until blended.
Add the flours and mix at low speed until smooth; then gradually add oats, nuts and chocolate chips. Mix only until blended.
Drop generous tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
Bake for about 15 minute, until the cookies are nearly set and golden brown. Let cool on the sheets for 1 minute, and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.